Monday, March 28, 2011

Day 179: Disnified

Disney was fun tonight. We went expressly to see the World of Color light and water show in California Adventure. It was so beautiful and amazing, but then the music started... Yet another Disney montage with all of your favorite characters and a few thrown if to wonder about. It was all fine until the death scene of Mufasa. At that point, I turned to JE and asked, 'What the Crap? Why are they showing this?' The only reason I can think is in the ever grasping Disney mind, forcing an emotional response is thought to further the commitment to its character and thus its brand. Perhaps the Great Disney Mind thinks that by allowing the viewers to watch Mufasa die, Bambi, Tarzan and others wrecked by personal disaster and like phoenix rising, makes the most of their lives, we all are supposed to follow suit. Within an hour and a half. By our own sheer will. Well, if I put it like that... What am I waiting for?

And so I run. Just my two miles. Alone. In far less than an hour and a half. By my own sheer will power.

No comments:

Post a Comment