Monday, March 7, 2011

Day 158: Am I really doing this?

I posted, yesterday, on my blogger. Over 40 people so far, have read that entry. Writing is a way to tally up my day, make me accountable for my actions and training, set goals. It helps me relax at times, and gives me terrible angst at other times.

When I first sat down to write my entries about my training, it was as new to me as all of the training. With running, I learned to pace myself, find rhythm in my breath, set my intention, improve my capacity, complete my action. Writing has the same pattern. I’m finding that every good thing in life has this pattern.

Right now, I am trying to decide if I continue to post daily, or if I post weekly or sporadically. No. Sporadically is out, there is no symmetry there, no rhythm. Part of my dilemma is that I want to write something else, something I have been thinking about for a long time and need to finally let it out, possibly for publishing (is it wrong to set a goal to be on Oprah’s book club? Does she even do that anymore?). I will continue to log my progress, but do I make it public? Making it public translates to making it interesting, and if my effort is going elsewhere, will I have it in me to do both? (Pace myself, find my rhythm, set my intention, improve my capacity, complete my action)

We ran this morning, not as far as planned: only a couple miles. The morning was bright and wet as we set out, the earth moving in orbit toward Spring. It’s nice that the days are getting warmer and longer. As I ran, I thought about adding a kilometer in this first week of recovery from race and recuperation from being ill and the need to reshuffle that program. Also, JE recognized our 8 week lapse. After 8 weeks of going strong, we tend to fall off the wagon for a couple weeks. At this point, We can’t afford to do that. I read a training program that has 3 solid progressively difficult weeks of training, followed by one week of relaxed, fun training. That sounds like a great way to fight fatigue and keep us on track. Rethinking some ideas.

Swimming is an amazing thing. My back feels so strong and pliable afterward and I feel so rejuvenated. I love that! After my 800 yards, I tried to do my cool down laps. I love to swim the bottom of the pool, from one end to the other, for as long as I can hold my breath. Tonight, however, 4 feet was my maximum depth, before my sinuses started singing like dolphins and my head felt like it was going to explode.

Dinner was so yummy! Cheese curls over broccoli with Mornay sauce=100% yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment