Saturday, March 26, 2011

Day 177: Jellies

On our way back from the pool tonight, our feet were slipping in our Crocs, making loud squeaks that carried in the night. "I wonder if people in these houses are having nightmares about our shoes walking past." We tried to sneak, but Giant Pink or Green CROCS are loud enough just looking at them. The conversation turned to foot fashion fads and JE asked me if I ever wore Jelly Shoes.

No, I never wore Jellies. I was so tall, at such a young age. By the time I wanted to dress up in my mother's high heals, my feet were too big. When Jellies became main stage in the tween world, I was already confined to mens shoes. The town where I grew up didn't see a Payless shoe source until I was... Wait, did they EVER get a Payless SS? Hmmm...

I've been thinking a lot about this because we are back to photographing our alien friends: Nuni and Sassathorne. They are both exceptionally tall, and with huge bulbous heads. Finding a car for them to drive is a bit ridiculous, and motorcycles really aren't an option what with trying to find helmets for them. Poor things.

We showed them around Los Angeles today, and had a great time. We started out at Griffeth Observatory. What a beautiful building. It is full of informative displays. One of the most interesting to me, was about the sun and the footage of the solar flares over a couple months. So cool!

We also went to Disney Concert Hall, just to have a gander and peak about a bit.


China Town was closing down, by the time we got there, but it sure was pretty!


For food, we dropped into Portos and got sandwiches and a load of pastries. Oh, my holy crap! So Good!

I had never had a puff pastry that was so delicate and tasty. My favorites are the guava jelly and cheese, and just the plain cream cheese filled mini danish! Good stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment