Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Day 181: Tia

After working for years in the food and wine world, my little sister decided to become a certified Sommelier. This isn't a field long recognized as a career choice for women. She and a few other female soms were recognized in Oregon's premier wine magazine: The Oregon Wine Press. She is the hot one in the orange dress. I am so proud of her. Congrats Tia!

In May, she will travel to Europe to tour vineyards and get the low down on foreign wine. This morning on the phone, Tia was complaining about the state of her traveling closet. Shopping sucks, but shopping as an over six footer with a 36 inch inseam is next to impossible. Tia is 6'2". We discussed a little about what she should take. We both follow the mode of travel that demands before you leave on a trip to lay out all of your clothes and all of your money. Then you take half the clothes and twice the money! Secretly, today I started sewing for her. Can't wait to send her a package... That's all I'm saying for now! HA!

Though my ankle feels loads better today, I decided not to risk a run. Running with tendinitis makes tendinitis last a little longer, perhaps. I drove to JE's work and nabbed him when he was through. We cycled around the back bay into the sunset and back again in a bright pink cloud strewn sky. Bats circled the river bed. When we got home, JE set up the Club Nike. Gosh, it kicked my butt tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment