Thursday, March 24, 2011

Day 175: Lazy Daisy

We awoke this morning, early, for our run. My legs were rebelling and I wasn't feeling a 4 mile run. Chicken and the egg--which came first? Did I have a run in me and listened to my prediction? Or was my lackluster fulfilled? Partially, there were just too many excuses not to run well this morning. My tendinitis is threatening a revolution (it's been a while), and there is a muscle under my shoulder blade that has been uptight all week. Too many excuses.

Later in the morning, I called my sister and finished my run with her on the phone.

Tonight, however, my back hurt enough that I skipped my swim. I'm so confused. JE and I were discussing how many people around our age have all these ailments that prevent them from doing things like running. But our knees/backs/ankles hurt when we first started. We worked through that and no longer have that pain (usually). How much of our physical ailment is in our minds and how much is real? Do I push myself through this, or is a knot in my muscles an actual injury? When my fingers started to tingle tonight, is when I decided no swimming and to go see my doctor tomorrow. Geesh, I hate most western medicine in relation to things like this. Pill pushing or operations, that is what our health care provides.

Rant over...

No comments:

Post a Comment