Thursday, December 30, 2010

Day 91: Busy

At Christmas brunch, my aunt told a story about how she and her siblings always laughed when my Gram caught my Gramp ready to relax. Apparently, sitting down was not an option for my Gramp, Gram would always find something for him to do, or remind him of something that needed to be done. They were always busy. Even now, at 91, my Gram is producing watercolor paintings, and until recently was chairman of the welcome committee at her independent living facility. Nothing has held her back. She maintains her positive outlook.

We ran this morning--in the sun. Why are kilometers so much more doable than miles? Watching those kilometers roll by so quickly is just so darn heartening! Five K in 34 minutes--11 minute miles (still really really slow, but better).

This afternoon, we swam. I swam my 600 yards. JE said I was really fast today. Perhaps it was because of how cold I was. When it's cold in the pool, I tell myself it's just because I'm not working hard enough.

Started counting calories again today. At least until I learn to eat well again. The holidays have killed that knowledge! Ho Ho Ho!

No comments:

Post a Comment