Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Day 90: Retrospect

We woke early and took Lisa, my sister, to the airport. It was raining really hard for most of the morning. Somehow, shopping took precedence over most other activities today--including eating. We have been looking for a piece of furniture to fit in the closet in the soon to be awesome entertainment room. The hope is the new furniture would allow more room for mobility to play on the Wii (last year's Christmas present--picked up the whole system with the board for 125 bucks!). We settled on me making a giant LoveSac like beanbag. We shall find the guts for it tomorrow, and I will sew it up while JE flips the room upside down.

While I was going through a filing cabinet and some papers that fell behind the desk in the soon to be entertainment room, I found some correspondence from my family. It has been a really tough year in a lot of ways, but there have been some really beautiful things that happened as well. My cycle tour was a major stepping stone in being able to deal with what lies ahead. Just like in life, you never know what is around the corner, how difficult the next hill is, who will be your friend up the road, but the point is to keep pedaling and just enjoy the journey.

So, I am looking at my training for December. Not so hot! That is what the new year is for, a brand new start, a clean slate. And with the tri only 8 weeks away from this coming Saturday, I need to move my bloomin' arse! I just signed up for an 8 week training course for the reverse tri. I am so excited to be able to get some pro help with this. Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment