Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Day 89: Encouragement

JE is playing the guitar right now, for my benefit. It's been a crazy kind of week, with movies, company, crazy food, things to do and I have been feeling it. He is playing to help me concentrate and write a little.

This morning on my swim, I was struggling through it, badly. Around lap eleven, I was through, done, finished. While I was hanging on the wall, I looked over at him. "Just 4 more, then you can be done," he said. Every lap I completed he held up the laps remaining, encouraging me to do my best, to speed up and focus on the task at hand.

We spent the afternoon at Crystal Cove State Park. It was a beautiful sunny day, and the waves were small and even. Loads of shore birds were picking through the debris washed ashore from the storms.

More storms are headed this way tomorrow. I miss my bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment