Thursday, December 9, 2010

Day 69: Patterns

Why is it that when I have the most stuff to do, I can get so much stuff done? Slow it down and give me far less to do and I'll take forever to start the project.
At 5:30, I was wide awake and hankering for my run. It was cold out, but I was sweating by the end of it. 3 miles.

At 7, I was showered and getting ready for my day. JE dropped me off at work by 8:15. I worked my butt off. The designer wants three dresses, the same actress, the same floral print fabric, the same pattern--different stages of wear. My job is to cut out all three dresses to match. Same flowers in the same spots on all three dresses. A few times, I couldn't see the pattern anymore. When that happens, it's time to break away from it and come back later with fresh eyes.

After work, I rode to JE's work. It was really beautiful out. The trails follows a water way, where ducks and herons were flying in for the night. I love that place between dusk and twilight.

We went shoe shopping for a bit, at the Rack. When we got home, I went to work on my party dress. It took forever to figure out the raglan sleeves which was the only way I would have enough fabric to have a sleeve at all. A coworker talked me out of my wedding dress dye bath once he saw my amazing shimmery knit. The slip from my wedding dress is the lining. It's going to be beautiful. Fast and dirty, but really beautiful. Shoes are always the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment