Thursday, December 2, 2010

Day 63: Bugs

How do you tell if a cyclist is happy?
You can count the bugs in her teeth!

The first day out on my bicycle tour, I was zooming down a hill, when I met a large bug on its way up the hill. He smashed with a thud between my left eye and the bridge of my nose. It was a good lesson that I should always wear my cycling goggles.

Today, though, my goggles were in the car, and I wasn't. At work, I am ahead of the game (awesome!!!) and was able to leave early. The Newport Back-Bay was calling, so that is where I went. I hate to admit it, but I haven't been exerting as much energy into my cycling as I should. That means, today's ride was kind of hard and it was only about 25 miles. Along with the whole 5 or less hours of sleep each night this week, that equates trouble. Also, not having established goals at the beginning of the week is clearly not working for me. I'm in treading water mode at the moment with Saturday's event coming so quick. Tomorrow--running in the morning, baking and packaging all arvo and evening.

On my way home from the Bay, I was riding along, minding my own business, when my leg, just below my knee started hurting. I looked down and saw a bee--stinging me! I think I screamed and came abruptly to a stop and swiped at that bee. Now mind you, I was wearing my winter tights. Now mind you, I was going about 16 mph. Now mind you, It's December! What the heck! I have a little red spot and a bit of swelling, but that's it. I think I scared the pedestrians I passed while I was screaming. As I stopped to investigate my leg, a woman caught up to me and asked if I was OK. She cleaned my wound and bandaged me. So sweet.

Gram called today. "you know what Sunday is, don't you? It's the day you and John help me with my Christmas decorating." She will be taking us to lunch and then we come home to decorate our tree as well.
I have 2 sheets of Christmas cake baked, and iced with marzipan. The fondant gets rolled and put on tomorrow. I think I might make some buckeyes for the craft fair too. Sounds good.

No comments:

Post a Comment