Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Day 332:

I woke early, thinking that the only way to get my exercise in today would be to do it early. A one mile swim is a pleasant way to start the day, even if it is a little out of focus. My eyes were too tired to try out my contacts so early, so I went boldly naked-eyed. This is something I have done plenty of times, but usually in different light. The end of the pool repeatedly came sooner than I was expecting, and a few times I jammed my already blackened fingernail into the cement wall. A bit of a shock, but no further harm done.

Work was good, I got loads done. But by the end of the day, that tiny tickle that teased for so long, blossomed into a full blown runny nose.

I left class early, and am now determined to get into my giant bed and sleep and sleep and sleep. I keep asking myself: what happened to all that mental toughness? These days, I just want to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment