Sunday, August 28, 2011

Day 330: Rest day

This evening, just as the sun was about to set, JE took me to the beach for a little run. I have been feeling like I needed to move but also wanted to spend some time on the beach. It was a perfectly beautiful sunset, the kind that distorts perspective and magnifies color so that palm trees and buildings on Laguna Beach look like toys. It was a short run, undone by a dodgy high-tide and a multitude of tourists. We ran about a mile total, on the sand and rocks and through Heisler park. Fun.

I have a habit of taking photos, but not with my camera. When I see a man taking a photo of a woman with kids, I assume they are a family and offer my services as automated tripod. I have taken perhaps hundreds of photos this way. As we were finishing our walk/run, there was a huge family in one of the picnic areas taking photos. "Is this guy supposed to be in the picture?" I asked, coming up beside him. The whole group cheered. They were visiting family from Afghanistan. As we were leaving, they offered kabob. Meat on a stick? No need to ask twice! It was a bit of amazing, lamb, beef and chicken, all covered in garlicky green spiciness. They kept food coming at us and then it started getting awkward, we left with lots of thanks, smacking our lips. Such kindness!

Tonight, I broke my week down into hours. Provided I don't have to work overtime, I might be able to get everything done that I need too. This week, rather than breaking my workouts into AM/PM and on which days, I feel like I need to make a goal of distances. This class I am taking will be a lot easier after this show opens.

So my goals this week are:
Run: 20 miles
Swim: 3 miles
Bike: 26 miles
Circuit training: 2 half hour segments

JE won't be home this week--his project has been extended for a couple weeks. His work is incredibly deadline oriented, as is mine. The difference is that if I don't get something done, an actor goes on stage naked. Every deadline oriented job needs a live audience to improve the threat of impending doom... So, we made a huge baked pasta for JE to take to work so that I don't have to worry about him (I still will worry about him, I just won't have to take dinner to him).

I will make dinner that will also be lunch the next day for both of us.
Monday: Garlicky White beans and spring green salad
Tuesday: Sandwich (class night)
Wednesday: Tuscan Bread Soup
This is really hard right now to even think about. My week feels daunting, I need to finish a gift for my Gram's 92nd bday that is coming up really quick. We are making a book of Nuni and Sassathorne for her. She loves them and calls them the twins. Between that and drafting a pattern for JE's suit, making the mock up, I've got a really full plate. But I can do it, I have a goal that I'll not make public until I know for sure that I am heading that way. HEHEEE! It's a good one, and exciting! I just need to get through this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment