Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Day 306: Decisions, Decisions...

This morning, I rode my route around the Back Bay and up to Huntington Beach (52 miles). Some days are far more productive mentally than physically. I came to rest in several decisions I have been needing to make. (in honesty, I have been feeling stuck, lately. I do not believe in being stuck, there are always options.

1. To race in another Triathlon in September or not.
Not, at least not one which requires what feels like vast sums of money to someone who has been unemployed a great deal recently. JE and I have been toying with the idea of just setting up a course and picking a day to do it. So, about 1 year from the start of this blog, on October 1st, 2011, JE and I will be competing against our times from our race last May.

2. That decided, I need to figure out my trip for my 40th and save that money I would have spent there. Three grand choices seem to be in front of me. Australia, Cuba, or Belize. Australia: go see the family there and my friends from when I lived there in 1993/4. Cuba: just need to go there while it is still purely Cuba. Belize: swim with whale sharks. All of these are on my fat and ever growing bucket list (hate that word, what did I used to call it? Lifelist).

3. Seek work, full time and possibly attend night school as an English major. I'm not sure why it never occurred to me to do this before. I have so many credits in English, and having deadlines is a great way for me to stay focused on my goals. Nothing is more deadline oriented than theater and school.

4. Continue working on my book.

A couple other more personal thing were decided today as well. Feeling good, feeling happy, feeling whole, feeling well loved and grateful.

OK, friends. Grab a piece of paper and write down 5 or 6 words to describe each of these things:

1. Favorite color (for me: turquoise= calm, vivid, fluid (like water), energetic, vibrant)

2. Attributes of your favorite pet (OD(my dog when I was a kid) fun, cuddly, loving, empathic, physical (as in likes to play, walk and wrestle)

3. How you feel about the ocean (Constant, rhythmic, gargantuan, beautiful, moody)

4. Describe hot chocolate or coffee

5. You are in a white, well lit room. There is no door out. Describe how you feel.

Just do it. No peeking. I'll post more on this topic tomorrow. You will not regret it (I hope...)

No comments:

Post a Comment