Friday, August 26, 2011

Day 327: Mine all Mine

Mr. Bingly came for his fitting today, I am making his frock coat and vest. It was fun to see him in it, with very few alterations needed to make it fit--just the sleeves (my greatest nemesis in the pattern drafting world). Now for the finish work. I am also making Mr. Bennet's coat and vest. Paloma, our designer, chose a really interesting linen blend for it, it's fun to work with. I'll fit that tomorrow.

It is nearly one am and JE isn't home from work yet. Poor guy, he is sick and has to work overtime on this crazy project. I made him a bowl of nourishing noodles with vegetables and chicken breast, so when he gets home he doesn't have to resort to his usual bowl of Cheerios.

Last night as I was washing dishes, it felt and sounded as though something really big had hit the house. This morning, as I tried to open the garage, the automatic door opener would not roll the door open. JE came down and figured out that the spring had broken. It shook the house!

Tonight, I moved my getting-rid-of-it-pile to the other side of the garage, making way for the car to change sides of the garage. However, it left the entire garage open for a really fun workout. Nike training kicks butt, but not my butt tonight! With the entire two car garage wide open, I danced my way through the recovery periods. I moved a mirror out to the garage so I could focus on my form. It seemed like I was watching my legs get smaller through the 45 minute workout. I guess with the contracting of muscles, they possibly did get smaller.When things got hard for me, I told myself that no one else wants me to do it. I am the only one I am working for, NO shortcuts!

No comments:

Post a Comment