Friday, August 12, 2011

Day 315: Honey, take me dancing...

But we ended up sleeping in a doorway... Paul Simon

Hopes of a night out dancing faded as I hobbled back to the car after our evening run. The Irvine Great Park has a summer concert series, tonight was to be a salsa dance night. But we preceded date night with a run through the the wilderness reserve by UCI.

It was a fun run, we ran from a pack of zombies (in actuality a group of night hikers who were so loudly gathered, we wondered what they could possibly hope to see), almost got eaten by gators (Not sure what we startled as we approached the pond edge, but it made me scream as it splashed under the water and swam away), and actually saw 5 coyotes. That is a really neat place to run: long, straight, tree-lined, dirt trails that circle ponds. For some reason, I was able to sprint, hard and fast, for quite a while tonight--despite my stupid calf. (This calf thing may actually send me to the doctor's office. I hate the doctor's office--I hate pills.)

Our friends, The Clemens, met us at our home, giving up the opportunity for a dance concert. We drove back to Irvine for ramen. It has been a fun night.

At work, I am almost finished with a mid 19th century coat for Fred in a Christmas Carol. Sometimes I have so little faith in my skills as a tailor, I surprise myself when something turns out so well as this little jacket. It is mostly the fine wool uniform twill I was given to work with, and a miracle that my patterning turned out. Almost done, just need to set sleeves and a hemline. At work this arvo, we were able to watch Sondheim's Into the Woods, as performed by a whole heaping helping of youths. They did a great job--one of the perks of my job is getting to watch theater for free. Next show is Pride and Prejudice. Should be interesting. And I am building another frock coat. I want to be good and fast at this...

No comments:

Post a Comment