Thursday, August 25, 2011

Day 326:

How does it get to be 1am already? I feel a bit wired.

Work is fun, now that I am dealing with real fabric and people. It's like a little reward for doing so much math. Restate: For doing math correctly... It is a truly lovely thing when everything starts working together and fits and looks smooth and beautiful. sigh... The process is really only just beginning. There is so much detail and finishing work.

I just learned that our Mr. Darcy keeps bees on the roof of his 8 story building in LA. Sooooooo jealous. I tried to offer a trade of pie for honey, but alas, I think he misunderstood and offered a sample. Oh well.

JE just got home about half an hour ago. Time goes so quick. Tonight, I got home and by the time I went running, it was after 8. After my quick 3 miler, I sat reading Runner's World on the landing for around an hour. Totally ready to do this again. I need to find a goal. I know I work so much better that way--outward accountability.

A friend posted on her Facebook page the other day: "The greatest step toward success is self-confidence. The greatest builder of self-confidence is self-esteem, and self-esteem comes from doing the daily things you know you should." -- Jim Rohn via Myles Martinson. I would substitute success for happiness. When I think about how good I feel when I am working hard physically in training, I know how hard I need to work to get there, but I don't always have the discipline to get there. Goals help me find that discipline. And I think this statement is true on a lot of other levels. There is such a fine balance of all things: emotional, mental, physical, spiritual. Before I started training, I didn't realize how much physicality contributes to happiness in those other areas. My little three miler today, was a stress reliever, a problem solver, and an invigorating. I came back wondering why I am skimping on my running lately. It seems that that crazy pain in my calf doesn't hit until I run into my 4th mile. Perhaps three is my magic number. And I wore different shoes...

No comments:

Post a Comment