Sunday, August 28, 2011

Day 329: Sweeping

Waking up was nice, no alarm clock, just the sun in the window. Really, I think it was the room warming up as the sun grew hotter. We spent a good portion of the day lazing and making the house guest worthy. Tonight was our Subway reunion dinner.

We had two couples from the hike and we shared a meal and then had a "slide-show" on our projector. It was good fun. I made a couple awesome things. Lemon bars that rocked the free-world and tomatillo chicken that I made up as I went along (daring when there are guests involved).

After our guests left, JE and I cleaned up and then went for a little 4 mile run. It felt so good to move and be out there in the dark. I love that! It feels like I swept away some of that pesky cold that was trying to take up residence.

Tomatillo chicken

Saute 1 medium onion in olive oil.
process 1.25 pounds of peeled and washed tomatillos in a food processor until it looks like chunky salsa. Add to the onion and simmer until the liquid begins to evaporate. Add 1 tsp salt, 1/2 cup chicken stock, and 4 chicken breasts cut into chunks. Cook covered until chicken is done, adding liquid as needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment