Monday, August 15, 2011

Day 317: Rest Day

We traveled to my Gram's house today. It was fun to see her. She is looking good and perky, though more and more stooped.

We sat on her bed, me hemming a pair of pale yellow floral print pants (she said she shrank 6 inches since she has been sick) she plans on wearing to a luau this week, her chatting away about her upcoming party; how Andy (my Gramp) would take her to nice stores to shop with their friends while on vacation, so the two old tomcats could gaze at the pretty shop girls--but eventually the men had to buy something for their wives; the pirate party she had just attended; what piece of furniture I would like from her home (I'm stalling there, I hate the thought of actually having to haul that piece of furniture from her vacant home); and finally finding someone acceptable to fill her shoes in the hospitality committee. She lives each moment, and has the future in mind--she knows she won't be around forever but won't let that keep her down. We also talked about her very alert and sharp mind--at nearly 92, she is a firecracker. She tells me that she remembers things from her early childhood as vividly as though it were yesterday. I should have sewn slower...

After our visit, JE and I drove to San Onofre and took a nap on the beach. The tide was out further than usual and the waves rolled in in long succession. There were more surfers at Trestles than I have ever seen. Marine layer stood thick between the sky and the sea. That was a sweet sleep.

I am feeling fat and lazy. My poor body really needs a to sweat and move. (as my sweet husband serves me a slice of peach galette with ice cream)


Plan for the week

The power went out before I could finish and post this, last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment