Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Day 325: School

Last night I crashed before I could write that I swam a mile and a bit, thwarted a little by the kids in the pool who mostly cooperated with me asking for just one lane. The youngest of the group, probably around 11, missed my by inches as he jumped into the pool--twice! Good grief! School, where are you???

Today was a bit of an exercise of patience. There was plenty to do at work in the afternoon, but my morning was slow until I decided to take an early lunch in anticipation of my 1pm fitting. All of a sudden, I was in high demand to answer questions and to fix a pair of pants for my 1pm fitting. Why could I not have fixed them earlier? No idea! I was eating my grapes, when the alleged pants were thrust in my face with a, "these are a size 38, we need them to be a 40." In the long run, it was a great thing that I only was able to take 15 minutes for lunch: I was able to leave early for Swantje's tailoring class at one of the community colleges. I am hoping it will help me polish my skills, help me create a book of samples for ready reference in the future, and motivate me to make JE's Christmas pressie.

This morning, I left home around 8:30 and didn't get back until 10. JE is also working ridiculous hours, and has the common cold... His words. When I did get home, I broke a sweat cleaning the garage. Not there is a huge space for a mini home gym--someplace to workout and not disturb the neighbors. I am excited about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment