Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Day 313: Sewing

My life is sewing and sleep, with brief stolen moments of food and exercise. Those moments when I get to stretch and bend in motions other than in front of a sewing machine, cutting table, or ironing table, are cherished. Tonight, was swimming. I did several laps of back stroke to make up for my hunching over needle and thread. I am limiting my distance to a mile, until I get this side project done. Almost there, all the little stuff is done, now one big ugly left. Ugh... I love what I do, but sometimes it seems that alterations will take more time and energy than building a whole new costume, especially when the alteration is to an old something that should have been retired decades ago (this one isn't that bad, but I have done some doozies!)

This morning, I stole some time and did a Nike club fit session. It was amazing, I was pouring sweat. Love that, I always feel so much happier when I work out like that.

I love the women with whom I work. It is such a pleasure to go there and listen to the chatter in the room, and be part of people's lives. Monday I learned about a place I am now dying to go. Here is the conversation I had with JE about it.

I: I just learned about someplace that I really want to take you on a date.
JE: Cool.
I: I don't want to tell you because I want it to be a surprise.
JE: Cool.
I: I want to tell you soo bad! This is killing me!
JE: Cool.
I: Let me give you one clue...
JE: Please don't, keep it a surprise.
I: But I have too! One clue! Here it is: It is in a giant room!
JE: Filled with Trampolines?
I: How did you know?!!?
JE: I just tried to think what I would want a giant room to be filled with...

Last night was a stolen moment for sleep. At 10, I crawled to bed and slept, waking to vivid 'movie dreams' of swimming in a pool with far too many people vying for lanes. In my dream, my swimsuit had all but disintegrated... Glad it was just a dream!

I ran yesterday, just 3 miles, but it felt so good to jostle everything back into an upright position!

1 comment: