Monday, April 25, 2011

Day 207: Switching things up

It was my last day of work for a while. Things got loads better, after the weekend. I had a good conversation with my coworker, and resolved some things. Glad we are friends, and that what I said to him actually was helpful. We have worked on and off together for several years and have always been friends. Being put in this roll as a superior has been especially troubling for me--at times. Glad it's over, but I did enjoy being at work with that lot of people.

We got up and ran this morning, five kilometers. It was an easy run, and I stopped several times to stretch and roll my ankle. Nevertheless, afterward, I limped around all day. It is so provoking to feel fine, happy and healthy while running and then to wind up stiff and unable to walk straight all day afterward. I tried to elevate, stretch gently, and rest it some but, I forgot my brace and had no ice. What else is provoking is that after tonight's ride around the Back Bay, my ankle feels almost fine. Though that does give me hope for the race, getting to that point may only be attained by brick training, with cycling preceding running.

Tomorrow we will do our run in the morning and then swim tomorrow night. Since I have met my one mile goal, I've also decided to push myself for faster laps, rather than gain more volume. As such, I will be swimming 48 laps; not 53.

No comments:

Post a Comment