Monday, April 11, 2011

Day 193: Making Concessions

Ramping up for a bit of a crazy week, with family in town and a bit of an unexpected work load. Not only will I be teaching, but I have also been asked to be the stopgap interim manager at one of the costume shops I work for. Tomorrow is my first day there in that position, and tomorrow night is a dress rehearsal--looking at a 14 hour day (at least). Exercise is good for my soul, so I won't be laying that aside; just working around my work. I always want my work to be what fuels my life--not the other way around--but sometimes, I have to make concessions.

Knowing that it was the last day for a little bit to be outside and free in the early daylight hours, I headed outside on my bike. It was such a beautiful day, and so nice to be outside. Twenty miles, working on my cadence--I worked really hard to keep my pace up and light. I raised my average speed up by 1.7 miles per hour. Quick, but I was on the flat, so I am not sure how that will translate into hills. Hey local riders: can someone suggest a good course for hill work?

JE's sister and her family came down to play. They are visiting Long Beach from Utah and will be racing in the LB Grand Prix World Challenge. They have 3 of their 4 kids with them, so I had no idea where to go with littles for dinner. I sent out a text to my mommy-friends and got a suggestion for Rain-forest Cafe. It was the perfect place to take them, they had a great time. Food-wise? Concessions.

Plan for the week

Monday: Ride the back bay
PM: Yoga
Dinner: Out with family

Tuesday: AM Run 7K, good stretching
Late night at work-Dress Rehearsal
Dinner: JE brings me dinner at work (JE shops)

Wednesday: AM: Sleep in until 7, ride to work
PM: Ride home and Swim 35 laps
Dinner: Chicken Fajitas

Thursday: AM: Ride to work
PM: Run from work 7.5K, Ride home
Dinner: Pasta w fish and vegetables (peppers, tomatoes, capers, onions, zucchini)

Friday: AM: Ride to work
PM: Ride home, Swim 35 laps
Dinner: Sukiyaki (rapini, black mushrooms, udon, tofu, egg)

Saturday: AM: Ride to work
PM: Depending on how long work is: Ride to Long Beach to check out the Grand Prix course and the pit. Hmmm...
Dinner: with family

No comments:

Post a Comment