Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Day 194: Crapola

There were several reasons I didn't apply for the job as Shop Manager. One of them was that I enjoy being able to sit and eat in peace, without interruption except for good company. I got to work around 8am and worked until 9. Somewhere around 5pm, I took a dinner "break," but was interrupted mid-bite by a coworker who needed an emergency alteration done. My blood sugar was so low, and I was feeling very fatigued, so I told him I would get to it after my dinner of Greek yogurt with honey and berries. It may have been intentional, but I don't think I have eaten that slow in a long, long time.

JE picked me up tonight after work. We ran down the trail in the dark. It was lovely to run on the trail on which I usually cycle. There were frogs and bunnies everywhere. Four point five miles, we returned to the car and drove home. I am exhausted from my day, but strangely edified by my run. It really is good for my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment