Sunday, April 24, 2011

Day 206: Rest Day

Twelve years ago, today, I married the most amazing person. For weeks we had been rained out, it was a cold wet spring. On the morning of our wedding, we had the most beautiful clear sky. The Wasatch range was covered in a light mist, and the light filtering through was ethereal. We posed for photos, before the ceremony, with the Timpanogos Temple in the background.

After the ceremony, at our wedding luncheon, we watched as the clouds started to roll back in. By the reception, we were doused. For months, I had planned an outdoor reception, with the band and dancing on the patio. Because of the rain, not even the decorations I had worked on could be put up. As I sat on the bed deliberating about what to do, the thought came to me: I had a choice. I could sit in that bedroom all night sulking about something so completely out of my control, or I could go downstairs and put on my best face and have an amazing time. I chose the latter, and have always been grateful for that realization that happiness is a choice. When I walked down the stairs and met my sweet JE, we interlaced fingers and I knew I had made the best decision all around.

In our first year of marriage we coined the term Oodle-ee-yay which means: The Grandest that Life has to Offer. That is my JE to the tee.

We are hoping to take our anniversary trip sometime in the near future. Thinking of a mini cycle tour, somewhere beautiful and close by.

We spent the day with my amazing Grandmother and had Easter brunch at the Chateau. It was a great day, and great to see her and her latest art projects. Her figure watercolors are really coming along. Later, we went to San Onofre State Beach and enjoyed a completely deserted beach and a spectacular sky, thick with clouds. The sun shone down on the sea on the horizon. Tomorrow shall be beautiful.

As for training, I am still concerned about my ankle. Though the swelling has gone down and the pain subsided considerably, running exacerbates it. JE says I know I can run 7K, why not run 10K that day. Maybe...

Plan for the week

Monday: AM: Run 5k, sets
PM: swim 53 laps
Dinner: spinach salad, poached eggs, bacon, tomatoes, cucumber, vinegar and oil. Good bread and cheese

Tuesday: AM: cycle the back bay--Maybe Santiago as well, for me.
PM: run 4 miles and a good stretch yoga set
Dinner: chicken Parma with polenta and garlicky spinach

Wednesday: AM: club Nike (lean), cycle
PM: swimming 53 laps
Dinner: Thai curry

Thursday: AM: cycle back bay
PM: running 5 miles, sets
Dinner: haystacks

Friday AM: Yoga-core strengthening
PM: swimming 53 laps
Dinner: Tuna Melts
Movie night

Saturday: Bike ride to Old Town Orange for dinner--take train back home
Dinner: Gabbies

No comments:

Post a Comment