Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Day 201: Intentions

One hour left of this birth year. Not looking forward to having to say my new age, though I don't mind getting older. Go with grace and know that getting older beats the alternative--as in, being dead. All in all, it has been a big year for me. Awesome and horrible; but in the end, more awesome than horrible.

Work was interesting. The sewer exploded and I got a parking ticket. Juggling teaching a class and being shop manager on a show week... What was I thinking? What were we all thinking? Good grief. This day lasted 200 years!

Out of sorts at the moment. JE left at 8:30 to go do something for work and still isn't back. I asked him to pick up some whipping cream so I could make some pies for my coworkers. Not sure how I'm going to pull that off now. He is fine, I'm sure; probably just working no my b-day present.

We walked up to the pool as soon as we got home. It was still light out and cool. When we started swimming, the pool was filled with kids. They apologized for being in the way--great kids, I felt bad taking up a whole lane. I finished my 48 laps in groups of 12.

Just before my last set of 12, I noticed a guy who had been swimming laps next to me. He was taking a break. I asked him how many laps he was doing and where he was on those laps. His goal was 16 laps, he was on 10 and said it was killing him. He rested for a few minutes between each lap, but he completed his goal. He admitted that his whole purpose in swimming is to get back into shape so he can start surfing again.

There is something amazing about knowing the finite intentions of peoples actions, it is so revealing. Knowing how people find their joy is wondrously good.

No comments:

Post a Comment