Monday, April 18, 2011

Day 199: Rest Day

We spent the day with family at the track in Long Beach. Though there was a lot of disappointment for not qualifying, it was still really good to see family and talk about the important stuff. They are on their way to Utah tomorrow.

We were exhausted when we got home and spent some time in the giant bean bag. I love that thing! I elevated my ankle for the last several hours. It is still causing me grief and I'm wondering if I am going to make this race. 34 days and counting down. I don't think I've been bothered by tendinitis for such a lengthy period. Headed back to the doc's next week. There is some scary stuff about untreated tendinitis turning really bad and causing rupture or degeneration of the tendon. No thanks, I don't want that. Time to pay attention and heed my body's warnings. I can't tell you how difficult it is for me to sit still and be patient for things to heal--luckily swimming and cycling are valid options for exercise during all of this.

Plan for the week:

Monday: AM: Bike to work
PM: Bike home, yoga
Dinner: RH's birthday, dinner at our friend's house

Tuesday: AM: Club Nike, bike to work
PM: Swim 48 laps (JE 35 laps) Sets (200 crunches on the ball, 30 obliques with medicine ball, 60 walking lunges with 10 lb weights, 40 squat thrusts with 8 lb med ball)
Dinner: Giant salad--Chinese chicken?

Wednesday: AM: Yoga, bike to work
PM: Running (5 miles?), Bike home,
Dinner: My Birthday souffle at Citrus City Grill

Thursday: AM: bike around Back Bay
PM: swim 48 Laps (JE 38) Sets
Dinner: Thai green curry with peppers, onions, yam, snow peas, tofu

Friday: AM: yoga, Bike to work
PM: Running 5 miles (?)
Dinner: Hoping to catch BC for dinner and dominos

Saturday: AM: Santiago Canyon
PM: Swim leisure--have fun!,
Dinner: BBQ pork ribs, chicken, corn, veggie kabobs,

No comments:

Post a Comment