Thursday, April 14, 2011

Day 196: Out of the Frying Pan, Into my Mouth...

Leaving work by bike, I knew I should have eaten that yogurt and berries earlier. As it was, I didn't eat anything. I was so anxious to enjoy the remaining daylight and just ride! It feels good to go, even on empty.

I rode around the Back Bay and on to JE's work, around 20 miles total. He met me at the car where I had a Hammer energy goo pouch. We put my bike on the car rack and ran up the trail in the increasing darkness. At the end of my run, Paula Radcliffe told us (via Nike tracker) that we had our longest workout yet. 5.09 miles.

There is something lovely about running on the trails in the dark. Totally peaceful. Lots of thinking and unwinding time. Talking time, too: with my best mate.

The problem with these nighttime workouts is food. By the time I got home, I was so hungry I didn't want to prep anything. Out came the pancake mix and because we had some meat in the fridge, that went into the fry pan after the pancakes came off. So much for vegetables! I think I may need to find a time to prep some of that stuff before work or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment