Saturday, January 29, 2011

Day 120:

Ran my guts out this morning. I set the Nike trainer to 40 minutes and ran, stopping twice to tie my shoes. Just about the time I thought, Man, isn't it time yet?; the "spoken feedback" told me I had 5 minutes left. I miss understood her, and thinking she said one minute left, I almost sprinted to my usual corner. Again she spoke, this time telling me I had 4 minutes left. I kept a quick pace, slower than a sprint, but finished strong. It felt really good to run like that (afterward), and I finally understood what DA meant when he said he enjoys running his guts out. I am not good at it, but I enjoy it.

Work was busy, I love being busy at work. It makes things go so much faster. I enjoy the juggle of tasks, and teaching students how to do things well.

After work, I cycled to JE. We went to the bike store to pick up his sweet new bike. Robin's egg blue with brown tape and seat. Pretty. I don't think JE has been this happy about an earthly possession in his life (with the exception of his Strat).

Josh was stoked about his jacket, too. It's fun to see people so happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment