Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day 104: maps

Out on the road, there were few really noisy distractions. Each day for several hours, I would pedal my way down highway 1 or 101 or whatever road was most scenic and least noisy. The road through southern Oregon, was windy and hilly. There were logging trucks often, passing at high speeds. My focus at those points was to not get sucked into the vortex between the two trailers. Most of the time though, there was just me, on a bike, pedaling to my next destination, looking at stuff, and thinking.

Before I went to bed at night, I would study my route for the next day. When I woke up, I would study my route again. My map was always a focus. The few times I found myself in an area not on my map, I had a trusty compass on my handlebar bag. Just head south! I was so invested reaching my goal, and those maps were important.

Today, we woke early and read my work out plan for the day. I only reached half of it, my hip is really bothering me. I made an appointment, begrudgingly, I know what the answer will be: heat, ice, rest and ibuprofen. What is the point of seeing a doc if I know the answer already? Grrrrr....

No comments:

Post a Comment