Friday, January 21, 2011

Day 113: Recovery

A friend at work rode in on Saturday and parked her custom bike outside the costume shop. A few hours later, she looked outside and discovered her bike had been stolen. She reported it to the police, had the serial number and description on hand. Yesterday, her she spotted it on Craigslist for sale. She called the police and today, they sent a detective out to pick it up. The guy selling it had 9 other bikes in his workshop, including a $5000 carbon fiber bike that had been reported stolen.

My Day:
Woke up at 3 and fed the cat. Went back to bed. Couldn't sleep. Rolled over and looked at the clock at 5:07. Shut off the 5:30 alarm and went to sleep instantly. The 6:04 alarm went off and I hit snooze several times until I finally shut it off at 7. Arrived at work 45 minutes late. Worked my brains out and played task master to a 101 student. Left work an hour late (didn't take my bike and JE had the car). Went to dinner at SW seafood. Blogging and soon, movie or bed, whichever swallows me first.

Tomorrow is running clinic and a workshop on what to wear. Hoping my hip and calf behave.

The vision that I started this training with, of finishing and finding JE and friends in the crowd, have changed quite a bit since I started this. I now see myself as climbing out of that pool, bouncing my way that extra 20 yards or so to the finish line and smiling. Just me. Maybe JE is there, maybe he isn't (He has been talking about registering for the event also. He has until February 14th, and then the price goes up).

Perhaps this new image is because I have so much more confidence in myself about this race. The things I needed to learn, I have learned (except nutrition, dang it!). The strength I have needed to gain, I have gained. I feel that if the event were tomorrow, I could complete it.

I have 35 days to get just a little more fit and a little bit faster. Hear I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment