Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day 112: Restrictions

At 5:30 this morning, the moon was just outside the door, casting shadows through the trees. By the time we finished our 3 mile run, the sun was drenching the sky with liquid gold.

I cycled to work, and changed quickly out of my "rationals," and went to work on an Elizabethan corset. Ironic. There is a lot of cutting to do, and I was on my feet almost all day--in my cycle cleats because I forgot to pack my other shoes. My hip is killing and I have no desire to test run muscle relaxers (my doc prescribed them yesterday) on a week night. Good grief. I think a hot bath and to bed, is key.

Part of me feels really bad about my short, unimaginative writing lately. So much of my energy is being directed at so many other elements in my life, and I simply cannot do it all. Partly, when I took on this endeavor, I was unemployed with only a few weeks of work planned. I have, thankfully, been working full time since October. So, while my training is really important to me and my goals propel me, I have a job for the next few weeks and that needs to be my priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment