Tuesday, January 25, 2011

117: Yoga

It seems to be about injury right now. I need to write fast, I just took a muscle relaxer (half of one in the hope that I may be conscious tomorrow for work.)

While I was waiting for my favorite online yoga class to download (forever), I went to Groupon.com and discovered that today's deal was a coupon for Yogaworks. One month unlimited yoga for less than 50 bucks. After consulting JE about it, we decided that it would be a really good thing. We start attending later this week. Yoga is amazing for building stamina.

When I arrived at work today and told Julie, my boss, that my work was cut out as much as it could be cut cut out and that I was assembling as fast as I could, she hugged me. So simple, so sweet, such a remarkably grateful gesture. That made me feel like a million bucks.

In an effort to figure out this nutrition and exercise pattern thing, we are experimenting with what we eat before our Tuesday night class. Tonight we had an energy bar (Promax-20g of protein) half an hour before our circuit training. It was good energy, but my tummy was uncomfortably full of wind. Perhaps I can find another source of good protein and carbs to eat before a class next week.

I surprised myself tonight, during our class. We had a 20 minute circuit of 12 short laps, 40 push ups, 40 burpees (jumping into plank position then jumping back up into standing position), 40 squat press, 50 row, medicine ball rotations (or Russian twist). I finished more of it than anyone else in the class, that shocked me! (I think of myself as being so slow!) The burpees almost killed me, though. I tweaked my back--hence the muscle relaxer (right on queue!)

No comments:

Post a Comment