Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day 100!!!: Soup du Jour

We woke early and went to a swim clinic with our tri-training class. The pool is the same pool I will be swimming for the event in February. It was a great feeling to be in it and kind of get to know how it works, take the mystery out of it.

The instructor had us swim a partial length of the pool and then gave us all feedback. I'm pleased to say that I am doing fairly well, but I need to learn to rotate my body more. I also have to work on drawing my breath in time to those rotations, rather than lifting my head and stressing my neck. But I was sort of fast out there today, I kept running into people in front of me and eventually they just let me go first.

Soup du jour: Veg with garbonzo beans and chicken.

I'm afraid to say that I have been feeling like I'm cheating myself by eating almost everything I want (within reason, I do have some control). I demand so much on my body and it gives so much. It feels like I need to pay closer attention to the nutrients I put into it. I won't renounce anything, but keep a closer eye on refined foods and try not to drink my calories (except during long workouts when it is easier to drink than eat).

No comments:

Post a Comment