Sunday, November 14, 2010

Day 45: Rest Day


This is the little bear I made for my dad when I was quite young. He is my reminder of how far in my sewing skills I have come. I think I need a reminder for myself tonight with my training.

A month and a half ago:
Running: 2 blocks on, one block off for a mile and a half with major tendinitis of my Achilles tendon.
Swimming: A couple laps with huge gaps of frustration in not understanding the physics of swimming, also figuring out how to breath.
Cycling: long and lackadaisical.

Day 45 of training:
Running: 3 miles in 30 minutes. Usually walking only in the later part of the week and only for short distances. I have figured out how to manage my Achilles better by warming up, stretching, wearing better shoes, ice, and meds.
Swimming: Still figuring out the physics of swimming, but able to swim 480 yards solid- including flip-turns. Also 320 yards combined of warm up/cool down
Cycling: Improving my cadence, one ride at a time. Still prefer long and lackadaisical...

I think my eating habits have actually gotten worse over the past few weeks. I'm just not being responsible. Time to stick with my cardinal rules for baking and sweets in general:
1) don't bake unless I have company or someone/where to take it.
2) Don't keep it in the house--Give it away!

This weeks plan:

Monday, Wednesday, Friday
Warm up/walk 10 min, Run 30 min, Cool down 10 min)
Cycle commute when accessible
15 push-ups, 25 crunch sit ups, 15 body weight squats, and 12 lunges, each leg. Keep good form and if you feel good, do THREE sets!


Tuesday Thursday
Warm up/easy swim Freestyle 600 yards (15 laps) Cool down 100 yards (4 laps
Warm up/walk 10 min, Run 30 min, Cool down 10 min
Cycle to and from work 7-10 miles each way
10-15 minutes basic flow yoga, 15 steps up, 12 reverse lunges, 20 crunch sit ups – if you feel good, do THREE sets!

I think this week I am a bit frozen in time with my running. I just don't think I'm quite ready to move on. I'd also really like to start running each day. We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment