Saturday, November 13, 2010

Day 44: Josh

Little Red was having a click problem in her crank yesterday, so I took her in to see Josh, the world's best bike mechanic. He took the time to check her out then and there while I sat and chatted. He often brings his French bulldog, Mo, into the shop. Mo loves to greet cyclists by liking their salty ankles.

Josh has a great understanding about all things bicycle. At one point, he studied to be a welder, but didn't love it. There is joy in doing things you love, and making a living from it there is even more joy in being good at it.

Last spring while I was preparing for my cycle tour, I was in the bike shop fairly regularly. There was a lot to digest in regards to that journey, and I wasn't in a great place emotionally, to boot. As I visited with Josh one day, I mentioned my fears. He replied with, "I don't think this trip is going to be as hard as you think it is." That statement changed my outlook and preparations. Suddenly, it was going to be fun. It was a life changing moment. Thanks Josh!

Today JE and I ran to Trader Joe. It was A fun run that made the world seem a whole lot smaller. Who knew I could run to my TJ's? Umm, alert to all who love candy cane Joe Joes. They're here!!! Rumor has it there is a candy cane Joe Joe ice cream on it's way too! Yikes

No comments:

Post a Comment