Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Day 33: Repairs

JE is currently reassembling the washing machine after a failed attempt at repairing it. The part he bought for $50 isn't the right part, and the actual replacement part is $180 more. I am putting my foot down. We are going to get a new washing machine, and (he doesn't know it yet) probably a new dryer. JE's mom and dad passed on this washer/dryer set when they got a new set about 10 years ago. That was something like 25 years after they had initially purchased them. It's time. No guilt about chucking the old, very well used and much appreciated set to the curb.

I just told him about the new dryer. "WHAT!" Mild agitation. 'It's like shampoo and conditioner. There are things that just need to be purchased together.' He laughed, "I agree, completely."


This morning we awoke before dawn. Our usual wake up time is just before 6. While we ran, I reminisced about the past month's progress. We passed a place that had marked a resting spot and noted that we didn't even feel tired anymore. We run the entire 25 minutes--a little over 2 miles, making the last 2-4 minutes as strong as we are able by racing each other. I never expected to enjoy this so much. Tomorrow we swim! Hurray! I will be working on keeping going and not stopping to break until it is time to break.

No comments:

Post a Comment