Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Journeying

We woke early, sleep was elusive. Put on our running shoes and took off up the hill. It felt so good to be out in the cold morning air. It was so cold, JE kept us running. He cooled down too fast otherwise. It's nice to have this very female second layer of fat, sometimes. 

The route that I ran last week had been closed to traffic. This morning it was wide open and full of big trucks with big dogs. It had been such a blessing to me that it had been closed. Nice.

Lisa came to say goodbye, and we dropped by dad's to take the left over food from the week. Knowing he is on his way down in a week is a huge consolation. I don't know that I could have left him there otherwise. 

JE and I drove a little further to get to Roslyn, the town where the TV show, Northern Exposure was filmed in the early-mid 90's. It was fun to see some of the places we grew up. Roslyn has a huge history beyond the show. We  really enjoyed the museum. They let me investigate some old historical garments- hands-on! Crazy! One of the bonnets was literally falling apart in my hands. 

At this moment, we are on a ferry, crossing Puget Sound to get to Bremerton where we will stay with JE's aunt and uncle. They live on one of the little lakes in the area,a sweet peaceful home.

I finally have time to feel the gravity...

No comments:

Post a Comment