Thursday, September 8, 2011

Day 341: They're Great

I really want to sleep, to get to bed early and wake up swimming. I had great plans for my evening: get home and swim while it was still somewhat light outside, eat a little something and go to bed. But JE needed some moral support, which translated into dinner. I stopped by whole foods market and picked up a bit of soup for him and some Mac and cheese for myself. We sat at the picnic table in the golden light of the sunset and chatted about anything but work.

I pulled into the garage around 8:30 with plans to get dressed and go out for my swim. It never happened. So many excused. I finally decided I'd prepare my talk for church Sunday, and sat down to study a bit. No inspiration, so I went to the kitchen for an inspiring bowl of frosted flakes. While fluffing the pillows behind me, I tipped the bowl just right and spilled milky flakes all over me and onto the bed (note: I don't normally eat in bed which lack of practice may have invited the chaos which followed my attempt--but I really wanted to relax). I have a horrible feeling about how I took care of the problem. Do clothes washers have anything like my dishwasher? My dishwaser has a magical device called a garbage disposal; what ever food is left on plates, disappears down the drain. If I shoved my bedding into my non-disposing clothes washer, what happens to the cornflakes?

I may have to wait awhile until they are out of the washer.

Those cornflakes were really acting siren to me and I had a thought to go get a second bowl, which I did. On my way back to the bedroom I passed the linen closet, so I grabbed the only other sheet to fit my bed. I'm not entirely sure what happened, but suddenly the entire bowl was upside-down all over the sheet, the pillows, and the rug on the floor. again with the garbage disposal need in washing machines! But can you imagine what that could do to a sock?

Should have just gone swimming.

In the course of writing this, my laundry finished. Good news! No frosted flakes were left in the washing machine! It almost makes me want to attempt a third bowl, but this time I'll stay at the dining table.

No comments:

Post a Comment