Sunday, September 11, 2011

Day 344: rest day

Spent the last few days feeling guilty about doing anything online that did not pertain to my talk in church.

Friday I picked JE up from work and picked up a pizza. We spent the night in the beanbag, watching movies and bad tv streaming on Netflix. Saturday, we woke to thunder and nothing could keep me from running. Five and a half miles in the rain, with thunder and lightning sparking off in the distance. Such a fun run, JE couldn't keep up with me.

Tonight we went to the tall ship festival at Dana Point harbor. We arrived just in time to watch the ships set off, round the jetty and set their sails. There were seven ships in all, but the sea was full of sailing vessels. Tall ships are so majestic and beautiful in their petticoats. I just keep thinking I need to learn to sail, I should just do it. Nothing is stopping me, but me.

My goal for the week:
Work out everyday, no matter what. Prethink and make allowances for it. Eat at home every night, and make plans for a busy Tuesday. My last day of work is Tuesday!

My todo list is a bit crazy still. Saturday I finally got fabric for my class project, a beautiful deep green tweed. Definitely not cheap, but I think well worth what I paid. I need to get it prepped (steamed and rolled) and then lay it out to cut, mark and sew it in preparation for my first fitting. I also got some great fabric for a couple new shirts for JE.. He chose one of them, a really fun retro fifties print covered in people at a cocktail party. The other is a toile with skeletons for day of the dead, super cool and extremely subtle.

Oh, my to do list:
Make buy steal centerpieces for Gram's party, also a photo op station
(so glad her gift is done!)
Finish altering my pattern for class
Make sample for class
Prep dam cut fabric, stitch body of garment
Get the house ready for sisters
Play catchup on some financial issues
Wax & pedicure at home, hair appointment in Dana point, eyebrow threading in irvine
Practice "happy birthday" on my ukulele
Get easy to party
Loose my mind

Ok plan for the week:
Monday: swim a mile
Dinner: salad with beets and goat cheese (this is subject to change if JE is still working overtime. I really hope for his sake that he isn't working overtime. Four straight weeks is enough.

Tuesday: Nike and a brief run
Dinner: pack a sandwich.

Wednesday will figure this out later. Right now I need to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment