Sunday, September 4, 2011

Day 336: Tandem

When we were living in Detroit, JE and I were part of a three legged race. Our ankles were tied together before the race began. As we began the race, our pace was a little jagged by this new situation. We were slow at first, but began to match our strides. With his 34 inch inseam and my 36 inch inseam, we were soon running together down the field. We quickly outpaced our opponents. To be fair, the bulk of our opponents were little girls and their fathers, but still...

Last night, while we were running with Pete, JE and I kept pace together. My slow pace to his slowed pace. When JE runs with Pete, he can run 8 minute miles. It frustrates me that JE slows so much for me, and stops when I stop, and tells me it's ok.. I want to be challenged, I need it. But at the same time, I'm grateful for a sweet man who supports me in my hair brained ideas like, 'I think I'll train for a triathlon, are you in?'

Tonight, we ran at Crystal Cove. It was a beautiful evening. We synced our pace and ran 4 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment