Sunday, September 4, 2011

Day 337: Rest Day

Over the past few weeks, I have heard my Gram's voice getting weaker and more gravely. When we got to her door this morning, I hesitated before knocking, unsure of what state my Gram would be in when we got there. As we entered, she stood up from her couch to greet us. She had done her hair and makeup, and put on her some of her best New England attire. She invariably rises to any occasion.

She has been ill, and has been unable to attend her figure drawing classes. However, that could never stop her from wanting to contribute to the upcoming art show at her retirement community. She reported to us, that yesterday, she spent the day in lessons with Erte and that she has never erased so much in her life. She will have something to put up at the art show, if it is the last thing she does. She turns 92 in a couple weeks, but lives each day to the fullest she can muster. Several doctors have told her she needs to slow down a little. She finally found someone to take over the hospitality committee, so she no longer organizes the welcome table at dinner, but she does attend whenever she is feeling up to it. Her version of slowing down...

After our visit, JE and I went to the beach, or what beach was left during this season on incredibly high tide and tourism. The surf is quite big right now, not North Shore big, but big for SoCal. Reading for leisure, so completely and utterly lovely on the beach with big surf jangling the rocks together. I loved today.

Tonight, we watched a friend sing in her band at Streamline Lounge in Orange. It was really fun; a neat venue.

This may be my last week of work on this show, depending how dress rehearsals go. If things are finished, I may have long periods between acts that I wait for my next big thing to fix/remake/alter comes screeching downstairs like water in hot oil, and need to be completed just as quickly. This is week could be entirely nerve-wracking or completely benign, depending on how well the designer designed and I followed that design. And there could be unforeseen surprises as well, both good and bad. JE is in the same boat, on a different sea. I may need to take a cot to work for him and I am almost not kidding. This will be a last big push for him, as well.

My goals last week were a bit off. There has to be forgiveness for myself for missing because of illness/injury. So, let's try again, shall we? I need to limit my running a little, I injured my foot somehow.

Monday: Bike commute
PM: Swim
Dinner: Zucchini, roasted chicken and potatoes

Tuesday: Bike commute
PM: Class
Beet Salad with goat cheese and candied walnuts

Wednesday: Bike commute
PM: Run
Dinner: Caprese with good bread

Thursday: Bike commute
PM: Swim
Dinner: Thai Curry

Friday: Drive to work to retrieve stuff
Possible Jump day, if we both get done in time.
Dinner out to celebrate!

Saturday: LA for fabric for class

No comments:

Post a Comment