Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Day 340: Mr. Darcy delivers

It's a sweet miracle how few notes I had this morning from the dress/tech the night before. Things are looking great. There are just a few pieces that didn't quite make it for the audience preview tonight. It is quite a pretty show.

As I was sitting, working on girl clothes (!), Corey, our Mister Darcy came into the costume shop with a little jar of honey from his city rooftop bees and set it downin front of me. Ther was quite a buzz in the shop about it.Swan had done his cutting and fittings, but I got the honey. They don't know about the pie deal...

The honey is medium amber colored, with a sagey caramel taste: the essence of Los Angeles according to bees. Beautiful.

It's funny how some days it is so much easier to do activities that on otherndays I struggle with. Tonight my run came easy and clean, with few rests/walks or stretching required during my run. JE took a little time to run with me, it was nice to just be with him. Four easy, lovely miles.

Currently baking mini peach pies in butter crust. Dinner was 2 ears of far over cooked corn on the cob and 2 poached eggs, between crust and poaching peaches.

It has been a good, long day.

Happy birthday, Mom!

Today was my due date, a year ago.

1 comment:

  1. So sad to see the milestone. (also yuck about the corn) I LOVE You, of course Mr. Darcy does too.

    ReplyDelete