Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Focus

Rain today, so I had a great run this morning, instead: about 3.5 miles on dirt trail. I'd set out to run four miles, but knew I was done at three and a half At times I forgot I was running, thinking, making plans,remembering. How much changes in an instant.

Class was nice. It was good to be in public again, doing something that had nothing to do with travel, funerals, or even family. When I got to class, they were in the middle of making single welt pockets. If I could show you some of the pockets I have made for shows... There is a bit of magic in making pockets disappear completely, or featuring them. I've made dozens of them. But, as I sat down to sew, I could not for all I was worth, remember how to make a welt pocket. Eventually, I just picked up my chalk and scissors and zoned out, letting my auto-responder take control. It all worked out. I've been far too focused on other tasks at hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment