Sunday, January 15, 2012

With three mouths to feed, and and work and class happening for me right now, foodie life has been a bit crazy. Today we foraged. Fortunately, the kitchen pantry is stocked well enough and the freezer isn't empty. JE made lentils with boiled sausage (Joy of Cooking). I made whole wheat biscuits. Though the biscuits were so tempting, we held off eating them until it after dinner. I sweetened some frozen berries with a bit of honey and added a dab of canned whipped cream for a sort of berry shortbread. Perfect! I think I'll try to keep low carb meals for Sunday and serve a low sugar dessert--it's a bit of a slippery slope, but I think we all just feel better having that little treat!

Yesterday's run was kind of amazing. Eleven miles in less than two and a half hours, with very few slowdowns or stops. Toward mile ten, I did stretch need to stretch my hip. My only regret is how quickly the LA marathon is happening. If it were a few more weeks out, I'd sign up. But ten weeks just isn't enough time to gain 15 miles. How fun would it be to run through the streets of LA, closed to traffic. Ok, maybe a little nutty with 40,000 other folks; but still pretty dang cool.

Tonight, JE, dad and I spent some time and planned out the next months meals. It seems like a good idea, and I hope it is. A lot of work went into creating this calendar, but it feels good to have it all done. The are a few dinners that repeat every couple weeks, some of which are there as a template meal; meaning "plug a bean dish in here, woman!" or egg, or whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment