Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Adding

Work was tough today. The project I was hired for originally has been sent to the back of the closet, and even the other project I was asked to particiapate in later, was placed on hold. There are seven pairs of men's jhodphurs that the shop is building. I'm not sure when they became my project, but I was slammed with them today. Most of my day was spent hunched over the cutting table with my 10 inch blades in hand, cutting multiple layers of heavy wool. In most cases, I would have been elated. Today, my hands hurt; my neck and shoulders were burning.

All morning, I'd lamented not getting up to run, but when my day started heating up, I was so grateful I'd reserved my energy. Sleep has been hardto find lately... This arvo, the swimming pool was sounding better and better.

It's a strange and glorious thing, to know that I want to add 12 laps to my swim and to just simply do it. No worries. Sixty laps, a mile and a quarter. JE and I were talking about how different it is from when we first started working. When we worked toward twelve laps, instead of just adding twelve to an existing routine. We remember what it was like to work toward two miles, and not just add two miles to a large base. Pretty cool. I just increased my workout by 25%!

No comments:

Post a Comment