Monday, January 9, 2012

It's difficult to write lately. Life is good, I'm working my tail off and enjoying it--literally. I lost another inch off my hips.im trying to work up a plan for the month for dinner. If I can plan 3 nights a week that rotate monthly, that is so much less work to plan for the week. Finding the time and focus is a bit tough.

Yesterday, JE and I ran 11 miles through the trails of irvine. It's lovely to be back in the warm country, where my shorty shorts and tank top are all that are required. The eucswere especially fragrant.

I think I will start to increase my swim distance, as well. A couple nights ago, I enjoyed one of my strongest swims I've known. Each lap felt like a speed lap. I was done with my mile in just over half an hour.

Did I write about New Year's Eve? Running through the streets of downtown Santa Cruz with a billion other people to get o the clock by the stroke of midnight? Did I write about the butterflies? Being at the reception and being asked if we had gone to see the butterflies. Taking off instantly to find them at a nearby church and being entranced by them as they flitted in the trees, enmass. Wings slowly fanning the dying fire of the sun as it shone through the trees, orange and perfect. Did I write about running 8 miles on New Year's day? To Natural Bridges state beach to seek out more butterflies, finding just a few, then running back to the church to find hundreds and hundreds of monarch butterflies swarming around the trees. The sky was filled with them. Did I write about driving back down the coast and stopping along the way at some of the places I camped? And remembering areas in photographic detail, as well as the people I had met there.

While the first part of our trip was worse than I'd care to remember, the last part of out trip was a little bit magical.

I'll be working tomorrow, and figuring out a class schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment