Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I don't even know where to begin...

We visited my Gram on Sunday. As we came in the door, I asked her how she was feeling. "terrible! I just got out of the hospital this morning!" How did I miss that? She had fallen on Friday, catching her leg on the side of the coffee table. Sunday morning, she woke up with a puddle of blood and masses of bruising, so she went to the hospital. They gave her some suture tape and bound it with gauze. Getting home was the tricky part, she couldn't get ahold of her "driver," and she insisted on not bothering me... Makes me so mad! What else am I good for, if not a ride home from the hospital? It was a great visits despite the mishap. She is always delightful and getting her to discuss her health is next to impossible. We doted on her, extra.

Dad flew to Portland last Thursday. He had some paperwork in Washington to take care of that he somehow missed over Christmas. Important enough to get him to fly home... JE and I have been relishing our time alone at home together. I never really thought about how much our ability to walk around in our altogethers meant, until we altogether lost it. That man is two seconds from making me crazy. We are working on getting him into his own apartment when he returns. I am not a golden goose, nor can I ever be a golden goose. Two seconds...

Why do I do this to myself? I max myself out with stress, then find a few more things to do to add to it. I've enrolled in another class. This one is photography. When I was trying to enroll in my pattern making class, I had gone to the classroom on the wrong day of the week. I stood outside the class, trying to figure out what class was in the room next door. After a while, I sat in on the first day of photography 50. There were several people there, trying to add the class as well. Over the next week, I gave up trying to add. The professor emailed me and let me know there was a space, if I wanted it. Long story longer, I wrote told him no, but could't stop thinking about the class. On the way to Gram's on Sunday, I finally figured out that not only had that class gotten my brain working creatively; but learning Adobe's Lightroom could prove invaluable as I work toward another personal goal (I want to make more money). So I contacted the instructor and got into the class.

Physically: Yesterday, I yoga-ed. I'm trying to give my body a little respect, listen a little closer, and be a little gentler. Stretching seems to help, so I do that.

Tonight, I'm feeling like I wish I'd run today. But cycling 15 miles is still better than nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment