Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Half way point

At 2.5 miles, I was feeling charged. The first mile had been brutal. I'd been in the kitchen all arvo making bread, tamales, and my new favorite treat: coconut butter cups with honey sweetened peanut butter in the middle. They are akin to chocolate peanut butter cups, but somewhere in this mix of things, I've lost my taste for chocolate. I really am a freak...

JE was with me, running in his crappy little Tigers I can't get him to throw away. I asked him how his feet were feeling and if they could stand to run another mile. Of course, for me that man would walk through fire. And so we ran. Not fast, but thorough.

We turned around and began running back. The Nike training app lady told us we had gone 4 miles. Running became easier, we only had two more miles left!

I wanted my 10k tonight, and I earned it. It's been a while since I've been so on fire to run. Somedays I'm totally motivated and able, others times I struggle. But I've got to keep on moving (ain't nobody going to break my stride...). Even though i am sore and tired, it feels good to move.

Being on the otherside of things is, in a way, enlightening. From where I stand now, things look so much brighter. I've enrolled in a couple classes--including a sailing class! And have some perspective of where I'm headed. There is so much I want to know and do. Life just gets better.

No comments:

Post a Comment