Monday, December 26, 2011

What the Dickens

I think Charles Dickens had it about right: Christmas Eve is for reflecting the past and present, to determine the future of our lives. Christmas Day is for the living.

JE and I were alone for the better part of the morning. We opened presents and reheated cinnamon rolls in the oven (which we overheated, causing to frosting to become a thick caramel glaze--far too sweet for my sugarless palate. However, when paired with left over Brie and ham, this was a perfect breakfast for a celebration day!) I got new Brooks running shoes! These will be my long distance trainers. I need to run, or swim. Something! Anything! Being stuck inside because of the car or cold or being sick--SUCKS! I'll be polite and not mention what it sucks...

Later, we drove up to Meri's and hung out with her family. It was fun, playing faux-Barbie with my little nieces. I have to admit, I wasn't playing right. My faux-Barbies kept fainting because they were too skinny and needed to eat something. They were just too weak to hold themselves up, even when Prince Ken came to ask them to dance. I am a terrible person...

Nuni and Sassathorne have a book which we gave as gifts to JE's mom and sister, Stephanie. It is a pictorial of Nuni and Sassathorne spending a day in Los Angeles. Super fun, and well received.

Dinner was traditional turkey and ham and all the fixings and all the family. We brought our grain and fruit salad, which seemed to be well loved. I also made a pie--peanut butter. It was good, made with real sugar, and caramel, and chocolate. It pretty much rocked, and was incredibly sweet. Half way through, I was finished. But it's Christmas, and I don't get to glut on sugar like that these days. Please notice that it is nearly two AM. Yah. Sugar...

Games and movies followed, but I was feeling poorly again and lay as a lump on the couch.

We dropped by Matt and April's on the way home and shared our 2011 playlist. These are the friends who showed us around Taiwan. It's nice to have them home. Love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment