Saturday, December 24, 2011

It's twelve degrees outside right now. I am snug inside with a space heater and a humidifier. No way on God's grean earth will I be running today. Weather is so much an issue on this trip. But also, I'm still sick.

At six this morning, I woke with a pounding headache. My sinuses are fully clogged and miserable. I've been trying to take it easy, relax and get over this thin but it feels like its just settling in further. I started coughing in earnest last night. The problem with HMOs is found here: the closest facility is in Colorado. That's a hell of a drive for a fifteen minute visit to get a few pills. And I'm not sure our car could make it anyway.

Yesterday, JE and I were trying to get see some of the beauty of the area. We drove up Provo canyon, on our way to Sundance and the car began to overheat. JE pulled off and called a tow truck. He and a brother in law worked the rest of the day changing the thermostat. As he drove home from the shop, it started to overheat again. He thinks the water pump is going out.

I wonder if we will ever make it to Santa Cruz for the reception. Maybe we will breakdown on Donner pass and go cannibal. Seems right in keeping with the tenor of this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment